Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Good Morning! & Behind the Scenes!

Good Morning! I thought I'd post some pics of the behind the scenes of making my bags and accessories. I think really I just wanted to take a break from the sewing! haha A popular question is "How long does it take you to make a bag?" Well - depending on the size of the bag/accessory, it can take anywhere from an hour to 9 or 10 hours! There are so many steps that go into making a bag. The first being to cut everything out, then ironing and interfacing, then I usually sew as many pieces as I can independently so when its time to assemble the bag, all my pieces are ready! Sewing really is a great hobby! If you've never tried and are interested, I suggest giving it a shot! I really did not have a sewing background when I got my first sewing machine, I just bought some patterns and kept trying. I also tore apart bags of my own to see how they were made. It was definitely a trial & error process and my skills have grown so much! The pics are of Marie Bags in process and Mini-Zippys in progress! Enjoy! :) Love-Mich

No comments: