Monday, December 17, 2012

So how does it all work?!

When I first started The Love, Mich Collection, my customers were my friends and family. Those lovely gems still are my favorite customers and biggest cheerleaders and supporters. Because they were already part of my life, they knew "what" LoveMich was and "how" it worked.

I am so lucky to have a continuously expanding audience and I thought I would share some behind-the-scenes details for the newbies!

Let's start from the beginning...I can picture these questions swirling in minds when they are first introduced to LoveMich so lets break them down.

"How do I see what you have for sale?"
The Love, Mich Collection is an online boutique shop. The items available for sale can be found here.

"But I want to see things in person..."
I do a few local events every year. Sometimes they are craft fairs, sometimes they are at salons, and this year I started the first of an annual open house. (well open front yard haha) You can always find info about local events on my Facebook Page! Generally I'm not able to do individual meet-ups to order things. I wish I could! I am employed full time along with this business so to maximize production and keep things fresh, my time is best spent in the studio! :) Please still love me.

*Note - I will meet-up with local BRIDES though! Usually at a local Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts! Shoot me an email if you are interested :) michelle (at) ilovemich (dot) com

"But really...I really want to see in person..."
If you are local, a good solution to that is - host a purse party! Chances are your girlfriends would love an excuse to get together and why not add some shopping to that? Email me for details michelle (at) ilovemich (dot) com

"Can I pick up my order instead of shipping?"
I prefer to ship all orders because this is usually the quickest way to get your goodies to you!:)

"So what happens when I order something from your online store?"
{I will walk you through visually - because that is super fun...} You, fine lady, click away in my shop and decide, O.M.G. yes I must have this zippy pouch. Click, Click, Click, you have walked yourself through Etsy's super easy checkout system and purchased! I check my email and ding! New purchase! I print out your order, walk into the sewing room/office/studio and take your item off the shelf/out of the drawer. I package up orders usually twice a week so it goes to the "to be shipped" pile. Then, it’s packaged up and off to the post office I (or Mr. LoveMich) goes! {this is for ready-to-ship items ONLY}

"Can you make me something that isn't in your online shop?"
The general answer to this is no. Sometimes people will request something like "this bag but smaller." I would so love to be able to accommodate all of those requests! But until LoveMich employs several seamstresses, the reality is, there just isn’t enough time in the day. Sorry! Please don't be upset, I'm giving you a virtual hug! :) And don't worry my sweet friend, I am constantly designing new items so feel free to send along your ideas and they may end up as one of the products! :)

So originally in this blog post I was also going to talk about "Design Your Own" and custom orders...but I'm going to wait on that for now for various reasons. Expect a follow up post about those. :)



Photobucket

No comments: